Since 2013, I have served as the CTE Instructional Management Coordinator. A brief description of my duties include:
- providing support to CTE teachers and personnel within the local school system
- assist with implementing CTE curriculum
- provide technical support and training for CTE teachers and other CTE staff on utilizing the CTE computerized instructional management system
- provide assistance and support to CTE teachers and other CTE staff to improve the instructional process, document student learning, and improve student outcomes to ensure the success of students in a high wage, high-skill, or high-demand global economy
- coordinate the administration of high school CTE State Assessments and ACT WorkKeys Assessments.
I received a B.S. degree in Business Management from NC State University in May 2003. I began teaching business classes at McDowell High School, my alma mater, during the 2003-2004 school year. I earned a Master’s Degree (M.Ed.) in Curriculum & Instruction with a concentration in Business & Marketing Education from NC State in 2008. As a classroom teacher, I taught Accounting I & II, Business Management, Multimedia & Webpage Design, Personal Finance, Principles of Business, and Hospitality & Tourism. During this time I served as the advisor of our local FBLA chapter and as the Varsity cheerleading coach.
I enjoy good food, theatre, and travel. I have visited over 15 countries, including study trips to Denmark and India with The Center for International Understanding. I currently organize the partnership with Duborg-Skolen, our sister school in Flensburg, Germany. I believe students must be globally aware in order to be competitive in the 21st century workforce.
For more information about CTE, please visit our website
and follow us on Facebook